Saturday, May 28, 2016

Oh yeah, I know.

I am learning rather quickly that I do not know as much as I think I do.  It’s going to be hard living in Africa…oh yeah, I know!  Mongu is extremely hot…oh yeah I know!  You will miss your family…oh yeah, I know!  Guess what…I didn’t know.  Experience is the best teacher.  Only people who have been married know the commitment it requires to stay married.  Only women who have been in labor know the pain/happiness it brings.  Only the ones who have nothing to eat know, starvation. I am realizing that even as I  witness the poverty here in Africa, I can’t honestly say that Americans are any better off.  I haven’t ever been to the deep Louisiana bayou, or the slums of Detroit, or the inner city of New York.  What do I know?  My prayer is this, I will love people no matter how they live or what they believe.  I will not make assumptions based on ” what I know”, but I will love people based on who I know!!   Jesus loves us, this I know!!

No comments: