Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Am My Own Gilligan


Remember on Gilligan's Island how everytime it looked like a sure thing that the castaways were going to get rescued, Gilligan would inevitably do something to mess things up and they would be stranded again. That is a lot like my life. God has time and time again came to rescue me from my sin, and I always seem to pull a Gilligan and remain trapped on my island. How many times has God come to rescue me from my mundane life and replace it with the abundant life and I pull something ignorant and blow the whole deal. Things like, I can handle this on my own, or I cant do that, or If God will just give me a sign, or these are the cards I have been dealt and I just have to play them.
Just like Gilligan, if I would just stay out of God's way I would be a lot better off.

No comments: