Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Stewardship and my gas tank


OK. I know we are suppose to be good stewards of the earth God created, but come on, $4.00 a gallon gas. I keep seeing stories each night on the news about gas saving tips and more mileage for your buck. What about a poor sap like me who has been doing all these tips for 20 years just to get by? Throw me a bone like turn your gas gage upside down in your dash so it looks like your tank is filling up while you drive. Or how about outlawing drive-thrus? I wonder how much gas is wasted while people sit in line at a fast food joint or a bank. If people had to actually park and go in, it might make for a healthier country and save gas. Maybe we could eliminate junk mail from the postal system? How much extra weight is added to mail trucks and vehicles by junk mail no one reads? How much more weight is added to garbage trucks to hall off the tons of junk mail I through away each year.
Or here is an original idea; DRILL FOR OIL! WHILE WE RESEARCH AND DEVELOP OTHER ENERGY SOURCES. I saw a shirt the other day that said "I would drill through a polar bear's rear end if it had oil in it."
I also have heard about all this oil in Alaska, but apparently it is a caribou breading ground, and we don't need to disturb that. My lot where my house stands now was once a whitetail deer breeding ground. You know what? Come every November they are in my yard or close to it doing what deer do. Development where I live seems to make the deer thrive, I practically have to dodge them every morning on the way to work.
Call your representatives, senators, even the White House and tell them to drill for oil before Paul's family starves to death.

No comments: